#navbar { display: none; }

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Food, Eated: Pork Kabobs, Caprese Salad, and Grilled Peaches


  • Pork kabobs with mixed veggies (onion, eggplant, okra, and green pepper) on rosemary skewer.
  • Caprese salad (tomato, basil, cucumber, and mozzarella).
  • Grilled peaches.
Breakdown
I marinated the pork in an Italian dressing for about an hour or so then threaded it and veggies on rosemary skewers.  I found it helped to pre-puncture the meat/veggies with a regular skewer then push the rosemary stem through the pre-made hole.

I left rosemary leaves on the end of the skewers for garnish, but the grill burned them all off.  If I did this again I'd probably wrap the leaves in aluminum foil to protect them during grilling.  I would also accompany the kabob with a dipping sauce.  During the meal it occurred to me that a sweet-and-spicy peach chutney would have been ideal.

The cucumbers, tomatoes, eggplant, okra, green peppers, basil, and rosemary were all from our garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment